Monday, August 29, 2016

vocab #2

1. Faith - complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
  1.I had faith that my friend told me the truth about herself.

2. Threshold - a strip of wood, metal, or stone forming the bottom of a doorway and crossed in entering a house or room.
  2.I carried my baby cousin over the threshold. 

3. Tarry - stay longer than intended; delay leaving a place.
  3. I will tarry in mexico so I can visit more places I haven't been too.

4. Resolve - settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter).
  4. I will resolve the puzzle by using some techniques. 

5. Discern - distinguish (someone or something) with difficulty by sight or with the other senses
  5.  I couldn't discern my cousin from far away. 

6. Martyr - a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
  6. My moms friend became a martyr when her husband died.

7.  mirth - amusement, especially as expressed in laughter.
  7. My eyes twinkled with mirth when I saw my birthday present. 

8. catechism - a summary of the principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers, used for the instruction of Christians.
  8. I went to catechism to do my first communion.

9. Pious - devoutly religious.
  9. Everyone know the pious priest never leaves church without his bible.

10. Frenzy -a state or period of uncontrolled excitement or wild behavior.
  10. To avoid a dangerous frenzy we had to walk over the bridge to get to the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 3 of presentations May 19, 2017

Ricky Bailey What the fuck is wrong with the weather Bipolar weather  Weather changes dramatically from day to day Dangerous: earthqua...